<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d33142127\x26blogName\x3dfishyweb\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://fishyweb.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://fishyweb.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6110685601352612137', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a tryst with code::blocks & BC 5.5 command line tools

Well, i had almost a two hours' tryst with BC 5.5 command line tools, integrated and run from within the code::blocks C++ ide.
(Had had to workout my MSc.IT lab exercises).

at first i got the DevC++ ide with the GCC compiler but saw that the recommendations for writing sources was in borland c++.
it is always better that i follow what has been prescribed as far as the educational curriculum is concerned.
Thus begun the tryst with BC++.

All was fine - the compilation was smooth but alas, the linking process failed for no reason.
ended up getting a list of unresolved externals such as this :
"Unresolved external '___CRTL_VCL_Init' referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\C0X32.OBJ", from the linker.

ended up breaking my head to no end. all the library/include paths were specified appropriately!
all the compiler/linker directives were correct. but still the problems persisted.
tried out creating a bcc32.cfg & ilink32.cfg with no avail.

finally, finally, bumped onto the usage of the .lib files in the ilink32 command line. tried including the cw32.lib by hand but in vain.
this time though the list of unresolved externals were reduced. and finally, found an option under code::blocks ide->Settings->Compiler & Debugger->Linker->Link Libraries.

Manually added cw32.lib, cw32i.lib, cw32mt.lib, cw32mti.lib and import32.lib to the Link Libraries.

and That did the magic! whew! my program compiled like a beauty!
dunno if i have to say this as my stupidity or was it a missing step in code::blocks ide's automatic detect & config of the BC 5.5 command line tools.

anyways, am happy i got the problem solved.


Windowz :: Development :: Tools
Sivaramasundar

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
Comment | Bookmark | Go to end
  • Blogger Leonidas says so:
    Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:28:00 PM  

    Hey man, u're a genius... :D
    I dlaoded this codeblocks a few days ago, everything goin' nice and easy with Mingw but of course, needed bcc. Been wrecking my brain to run a program using bcc, after all the settings but in vain.

    But ur method worked wonders... Ran like the wind..

    Keep up the good work... top

  • Blogger Amanda says so:
    Monday, April 30, 2012 10:08:00 AM  

    Thankx a lot, man!!! It resolved my problem with BCC and CodeBlock!!! top